For the fourth consecutive year, Mediavision presents the Sports Analysis.
With the unique ability to attract both viewers and loyal subscribers, sports are a cornerstone in the TV and SVOD businesses. Over the last years, as a direct effect of the market transformation to online, competition over subscribers has increased significantly. Consequently, the cost of many sports rights has been pushed through the roof. For the stakeholders, it is of great importance to closely follow the development in the sports area.
This is what Mediavision’s Sports Analysis is all about.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the current Nordic sports rights market, per service and per country.
- Data-driven and consumer-focused; designed for rights owners, sellers, aggregators, services etc.
- Proprietary and unique data on consumer interest, loyalty and willingness to pay.
- Each right is evaluated for comparisons and for analyzing overall attractiveness.
- A solid ground for decision-making on sports content, in all Nordic countries.
- Covers 17 sports and 100+ specific sports rights in the Nordics
- Based on data collected in the Nordics spring 2022, with YOY comparisons
- Available for Nordics (DK, FI, NO and SE) as well as country-specific editions
- Written in English
SCOPE OF ANALYSIS
Sports market turnover – in relation to the total video market
The loss of potential revenues caused by illegal IPTV
General interest in watching sports via TV / online video
Households paying to access premium sports
Households paying for access to premium sports via illegal IPTV
Comparison between the actors – according to consumers’ valuation
THE SPORTS AND SPECIFIC RIGHTS
Current owners of each sports right and upcoming ownership changes
Level of interest and willingness to pay for each sport right
Possible consequences of future changes in the ownership of sports rights
Consumers’ relative valuation/prioritization of each sports right
- Pan-Nordic consumer survey, conducted twice yearly (spring/fall) since 2010
– 20 000 interviews; 15-74-year-olds in the Nordics (nationally representative sample)
- Public sources, company reports and trade reports etc
SPORTS & SPECIFIC RIGHTS INCLUDED IN THE ANALYSIS
NB! These are examples of specific rights included in the analysis. In addition, equestrian sports and swimming are included in the analysis; however, they are measured on a general level of interest, not restricted to specific rights. Please contact us for further information on the specific rights included.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you interested in the Mediavision Sports Analysis and need more information?
Please contact email@example.com or give us a call at 0852809090.
We are happy to set up a phone call or meeting.